Useful links

General Considerations

GMC/Medical indemnity/Student loan repayments/Moving abroad

Further Guidance

RCOA Guidance on OOPs:

GMC Guidance on OOPs:

GMC Gold Guide:

GAT 'Organising a year abroad' booklet:



For OOPT and OOPR you will need approval from your deanery, the college and the GMC

For OOPE and OOPC you only need approval from your deanery

College Approval Form